WBA Middleweight World Champion and Olympic Gold medalist Andre Ward (27-0, 14 KO's) will take on World Title Challenger Paul Smith (35-5, 20 KO's) of England on June 20th @ Oracle Arena, Oakland, California, USA on BET network starting at 9pm.
In an intriguing televised co-featured Cleveland native Antonio Nieves (12-0, 6 KO's) and Stephon Young (13-0-1, 5 KO's) of St. Louis will battle it out over eight rounds in a featherweight bout. Nieves has a highly touted amateur career, winning over 60 fights while becoming a five-time Cleveland Golden Gloves champion, a National Golden Gloves silver medalist and competing in the Olympic Trials. Nieves has continued to rack up victories picking up five wins in a busy 2014, including three by knockout. Young's undefeated run continued most recently on March 27 against Jesus Gonzalez with a second round technical knockout at The Ambassador in Saint Louis, Missouri.
In non-televised undercard action:
- Luis "Cuba" Arias (10-0, 4 KO's) will make his second appearance of 2015. On June 20, he'll look to keep his winning ways going in a six round super middleweight bout against an opponent to be determined.
- Local Hayward, California favorite Aaron Coley (9-1-1, 6 KO's) joins the undercard when he takes on Yosmani Abreu (4-9-2) of Las Vegas, Nevada in a six round junior middleweight clash.
- Undefeated junior lightweight Daniel "Twitch" Franco (10-0-3, 7 KO's) who recently signed an exclusive promotional agreement with Roc Nation Sports, will see action in an eight round junior lightweight bout against Jonathan Alcantara (7-13-2, 1 KO) of Los Angeles, California.
- Bay Area, Oakland's Tony Hirsch (18-6-2, 8 KO's) captured the vacant WBC United States Middleweight Title against then-undefeated Wes Capper by majority decision in his last fight on March 14, 2015 at Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall in Las Vegas, Nevada. Hirsch joins the undercard on June 20 looking to continue his winning ways an opponent to be named in a six round middleweight fight.
- Meng "Cold Blood" Fanlong (1-0) will now look to continue his professional rise when he takes on Albert Avina (0-3) of Stockton, California in a four round cruiserweight bout on June 20.
- Rounding out the undercard will be Wang "Jimmy" Zhimin (9-1) of Ning Bo, China who will face Jose Guzman (6-10-1) of The Bronx, New York in a six round junior welterweight bout.