If Manny Pacquiao is in negotiations to fight UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor, he can expect to be sued by UFC President Dana White.
Speaking to the media following UFC Fight Night 123 in Fresno Saturday, White said Pacquiao-McGregor was not going to happen.
"That would be weird because he's [McGregor] under contract with us," said White. "If that's true, I will be suing Manny Pacquiao, and whoever's representing him. So, I am assuming that's not true."
Pacquiao said Friday that he had initially approached McGregor's handlers for such a fight, but no formal negotiations have actually taken place.
"If we can negotiate it, I have no problem. It is ok with both of us," Pacquiao said. He added, "they have not had any follow-up conversations."
As FightNights.com previously reported, Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KO's), boxing's only eight-division titleholder, will return to the ring in April at the Cotai Arena in China against an unnamed opponent.
But it won't be McGregor.
"Wala pa kay McGregor," Pacquiao told ABS-CBN Sports Wednesday, which translates to "It won't be McGregor."
Pacquiao last fought in July when he lost his welterweight world title a highly controversial unanimous decision to Jeff Horn in Brisbane, Australia.
A rematch between Pacquiao and Horn was initially slated for Nov. 12 at Suncorp Stadium but was forced to withdraw as a result of his senatorial duties.
Instead, Horn will defend his world title against the little known Gary Corcoran on Dec. 13 and could take on one of the top pound-for-pound boxers in the sport, Terence Crawford, in March.
Crawford (32-0, 23 KO's), 30, has won world titles in two different weight classes and is moving up to 147-pounds. In August, he knocked out Julius Indongo with a lethal left-hand to the body in the third round, becoming just the third fighter of the four-belt era to unify all of the titles.
Crawford has for years tried to get a fight with Pacquiao but has been unsuccessful. Negotiations for Pacquiao's upcoming opponent are ongoing.