Tyson Fury dismisses claims that he could pull out of heavyweight championship bout with Deontay Wilder

Former three-belt unified heavyweight world titleholder Tyson Fury has dismissed rumors that he is pulling out of his still unsigned fight with WBC world champion Deontay Wilder.

Last week, ESPN's Dan Rafael said in a chat that he had heard from a member of Fury's management team that Fury was at least considering pulling out of the highly-anticipated bout.

"The latest from Fury's team is that he is now apparently balking at the fight. I was told that yesterday by a member of his management team," Rafael said.

In a video released on social media, Fury (27-0, 19 KO's) said the claims were not valid.

"I’ve been reading, and I heard some rumors that the fight is off between me and Wilder. Not on my watch it ain’t," said the 30-year-old Fury. "I’m not pulling out of nothing. It’s on like Donkey Kong. Tyson Fury is like a king coming to America."

Fury dominated future Hall of Famer Wladimir Klitschko in a major upset to win three heavyweight world title belts by unanimous decision in November 2015. However, the charismatic Englishman did not box in 2016 or 2017 to battle cocaine addiction, depression, as well as weight problems. He returned to the ring in June and picked up a fourth-round stoppage over Sefer Seferi in June, and scored a 10-round unanimous decision against Francesco Pianeta on Aug. 18.

If the fight is signed, Wilder and Fury are expected to fight in November at an undisclosed location in Las Vegas. An official with DiBella Entertainment, which promotes Wilder, told FightNights.com Monday that there is still no information on what venues are being considered at this time.

Share this story

must see

  • Fury vs Wilder
  • Warrington vs Frampton
  • Charlo vs Monroe Jr