Boxing is one of the thrilling sports to watch in the world of sports. Watching a fight between two warriors makes you feel like you are in the ring and leaves you with the excitement of a lifetime as long as the game lasts. That is why watching boxing can quickly get addictive at some point.
The good news is that if you can't get in the ring or wrap your hands with some boxing gloves, you can still use your boxing expertise elsewhere. All you need to do is apply the knowledge in boxing betting, and you could end up winning some cash by the end of the fight. Here is how to do it.
Choose a trustworthy betting site
First and foremost, pick a trustworthy and reputable betting site to wager on boxing. The good thing is that online betting technologies have advanced, giving bettors an advantage and more freedom to place their bets. Today, there are boatloads of betting sites to wager on boxing, but you need to do your homework before making your choice.
A trustworthy betting site is licensed, has real money betting options, reliable deposit methods, including the opportunity to use bitcoin, competitive boxing odds, and betting options that suit your preferences.
Register and create your account
Once you pick a reliable boxing betting site, the next thing is to sign up and create your account. You may need an active email address, and this process takes no more than a few minutes. You may also need to answer a few basic questions about who you are and your location to use the betting site.
Make a real money deposit.
After creating your account, you need to make a real money deposit to activate your online boxing betting account. Look out for welcome bonuses and ensure you read and understand them before applying them in your betting activity. Note that the welcome bonus only applies to your first deposit amount.
Select the wagers you intend to make
Now it is time to decide the kind of boxing bet you want to place. Navigate the bettong site to see the various boxing bets they offer. You may encounter subcategories like fight and combat sports. The most important thing is to examine the available boxing bets and the odds. Some of the standard boxing betting options include:
• Moneyline - to make a money line bet, you need to pick a winner straight up. In this kind of a bet, favorites are represented by the minus sign, and underdogs are represented by the plus sign consistent across all boxing sports.
• Prop betting - all sports betting has prop betting options, and boxing is not exceptional. Here rather than wagering on the player you think will win the fight, you bet on how the fight will end. This is a common boxing prop known as the method of victory.
• Total rounds - this is wagering on the number of rounds you think the fight will go. For instance, if you think they will finish the fight within 11.5rounds, you bet the under, and if you think the fight will proceed beyond 11.5rounds, you bet the over.
• On points betting - you have to guess which fighter has a higher chance of winning and by how much they will win. In boxing, fighters lose points every time they get knocked down, and when both of them get knocked down, they cancel out.
Other boxing proposition bets include:
• Will there be a knockdown in the combat? This means one fighter needs to be knocked down at some point during the fight to win this bet.
• Will the fight cover the distance? Here you bet yes if you think the bout will last for the planned duration and no if you think it will end later or earlier.
• Will the fight get to a decision? Decisions in boxing can be announced after the fight has gone four rounds. Outcomes like this happen when there is an injury.
• Will a point deduction happen? Here you bet yes if you think the referee will subtract a point from either fighter or no is you think no fighter will lose points.
Place your bet
After deciding the type of wager you intend to place, hit the submit button. Many sites allow you to review your bets before submission to ensure you do not make any mistakes.
Do your research
When it comes to betting on boxing, avoid the hype and do your research instead. When promoters advertise a fight, you might think a fighter has a better winning chance than they actually do. So it's wise to stick to the facts and avoid the hype. Compare the boxers statistically by looking at fighting style, tempo, strength, and stance. Also, compare boxing betting odds online and look at the risks you are making vs. the reward you expect to get before placing your bet.
Betting on boxing implies you are passionate about boxing. It can be tempting to bet on your favorite boxer, but that may not be the best move. You need to bet with your head and not your heart.