Navarrete vs. Berinchyk: Fight Preview and Odds

Emanuel Navarrete is the clear favorite against Denys Berinchyk in their upcoming clash on Saturday, May 18, 2024, at Pechanga Arena in San Diego, United States. Bookmakers have set Navarrete’s odds at 4/25 (-630) to win outright, indicating an 82% chance of victory. In contrast, Berinchyk is priced at 4/1 (+400), suggesting an 18% chance of pulling off an upset.

Navarrete was initially favored at 1/6 (-590), while Berinchyk opened at 4/1 (+400).

The bout is scheduled for 12 rounds in the Lightweight division, with both fighters needing to make the 135-pound (61.36 kg) weight limit on the day of the weigh-in. The fight is for the vacant WBO lightweight championship.

Navarrete's recent record includes four wins out of his last five fights, with two victories by stoppage and two by decision. In his most recent bout, he fought to a majority draw against Robson Conceicao on November 16, 2023, in their WBO World Junior Lightweight championship fight at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas. Navarrete was a strong 1/8 (-830) favorite for that fight.

Before facing Conceicao, Navarrete defeated Oscar Valdez on August 12, 2023, by unanimous decision at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, as an 11/8 (+140) underdog. He also secured a technical knockout win against Liam Wilson on February 3, 2023, in the 9th round at Desert Diamond Arena, Glendale, entering as a 1/10 (-1100) favorite.

Navarrete’s earlier victories include a knockout against Eduardo Baez on August 20, 2022, in the 4th round of their WBO World Featherweight championship fight at Pechanga Arena, California, and a unanimous decision win over Joet Gonzalez on October 15, 2021, also at Pechanga Arena.

Denys Berinchyk remains undefeated as a professional, having stopped two of his last five opponents. In his latest fight, he defeated Anthony Yigit on August 26, 2023, by unanimous decision in a 12-round contest at Stadion Wroclaw, Poland, as a 1/16 (-1700) favorite.

Prior to that, Berinchyk beat Yvan Mendy on December 3, 2022, by unanimous decision at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, United Kingdom, with odds of 1/7 (-710) in his favor. He also secured a unanimous decision against Isa Chaniev on December 18, 2021, at Ice Palace "Terminal," Brovari, Ukraine.

Berinchyk’s earlier victories include a 3rd-round technical knockout over Jose Sanchez on March 21, 2021, and a 7th-round technical knockout against Viorel Simion on October 8, 2020, at Equides Club, Lesniki.

Share this story

must see