Tank Davis vs. Frank Martin: Main Event Showdown Betting Odds

On June 15, 2024, at 5:30 PM EDT, boxing fans are in for a thrilling night as undefeated champion Gervonta 'Tank' Davis faces unbeaten contender Frank Martin in a highly anticipated WBA Lightweight World Championship bout. The event will take place at the iconic MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, and will be available on Pay-Per-View for $74.95. In addition to the main event, David Benavídez will make his 175-pound debut against Oleksandr Gvozdyk for the Interim WBC Light Heavyweight Title. The card also features two other championship bouts: Gary Antuanne Russell versus Alberto Puello, and Carlos Adames against Terrell Gausha.

Event Details:

  • Date: June 15, 2024
  • Time: 5:30 PM EDT / 2:30 PM PT
  • Location: MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Broadcast: Available on Pay-Per-View for $74.95

Betting Odds and Predictions

Bookmakers have made Gervonta 'Tank' Davis the heavy favorite, with odds of 1/6 (-590) to win outright, implying an 82% chance of victory. Frank Martin, seen as the underdog, stands at 4/1 (+400), suggesting an 18% chance of pulling off an upset. The odds reflect a significant confidence in Davis's ability to secure the win.

  • Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis: 1/6 (-590)
  • Frank Martin: 4/1 (+400)

Fighter Profiles and Matchup

This 12-round contest in the lightweight division requires both fighters to make the 135-pound weight limit. Gervonta 'Tank' Davis enters the ring with a flawless record of 29 wins, 0 losses, and 0 draws, with an impressive 27 of those wins by knockout. Davis's knockout power is a key advantage, boasting a 93% knockout rate compared to Martin's 67%.

Frank Martin, also undefeated, holds an 18-0 record with 12 knockouts. Despite his height advantage of 2 inches over Davis and a slight 1-inch reach advantage, Martin faces a formidable opponent in Davis. Both fighters share the same age, 29, and southpaw stance. However, Davis has more professional experience, debuting in 2013 and accumulating 130 rounds, compared to Martin's 94 rounds since his debut in 2017.

Betting Insights

  • Martin to win by knockout: 12/1 (+1200)
  • Martin to win on points: 7/1 (+700)
  • Davis to win on points: 13/5 (+260)


Gervonta 'Tank' Davis is ranked number 2 by The Ring at lightweight, while Frank Martin holds the number 2 spot by the WBA, number 7 by the IBF, and number 5 by The Ring in the 135-pound division.

Share this story

must see