Benavídez vs. Gvozdyk: Interim WBC Light Heavyweight Title Fight Betting Odds

On June 15, 2024, boxing enthusiasts will witness David Benavídez make his highly anticipated 175-pound debut against Oleksandr Gvozdyk for the Interim WBC Light Heavyweight Title. This bout will serve as the co-feature to the main event between Gervonta 'Tank' Davis and Frank Martin for the WBA Lightweight World Championship. The action will unfold at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, starting at 5:30 PM EDT, and will be broadcasted on Pay-Per-View.

Event Details

  • Date: June 15, 2024
  • Time: 5:30 PM EDT / 2:30 PM PT
  • Location: MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Broadcast: Available on Pay-Per-View for $74.95

Betting Odds and Predictions

Bookmakers have positioned David Benavídez as the favorite, offering odds of 1/6 (-590) for his victory. In contrast, Oleksandr Gvozdyk, the underdog, stands at 4/1 (+400), indicating a significant chance for an upset if he wins. The current odds imply an 82% probability of Benavídez winning, with Gvozdyk given an 18% chance.

  • David Benavídez: 1/6 (-590)
  • Oleksandr Gvozdyk: 4/1 (+400)

Fighter Profiles and Matchup

Scheduled for 12 rounds in the light heavyweight division, both fighters must meet the 175-pound weight limit for the weigh-in. David Benavídez comes into the ring with an impeccable record of 28 wins, 0 losses, and 0 draws, with 24 wins by knockout, demonstrating his formidable power with an 86% knockout rate.

Oleksandr Gvozdyk, a seasoned competitor, holds a record of 20 wins, 1 loss, and 0 draws, with 16 of those victories by knockout, resulting in an 80% knockout rate. Although Gvozdyk is a formidable opponent, the odds suggest that Benavídez has a slight edge in knockout power.

  • Gvozdyk to win by knockout: 7/1 (+700)

David Benavídez is 27 years old, making him 10 years younger than the 37-year-old Gvozdyk. Gvozdyk enjoys a 1-inch height advantage over Benavídez, but both fighters share the same reach. They both fight in an orthodox stance.

Benavídez has more professional experience, having fought 7 more bouts than Gvozdyk. He made his professional debut in 2013, 7 months before Gvozdyk, who started his pro career in 2014. This experience is reflected in the number of professional rounds fought: Benavídez has 136 rounds under his belt compared to Gvozdyk's 112.

Betting Insights

  • Gvozdyk to win on points: 8/1 (+800)
  • Benavídez to win on points: 13/5 (+260)


Oleksandr Gvozdyk is currently ranked number 2 by the WBC, number 5 by the IBF, and number 7 by The Ring in the light heavyweight division.

Share this story

must see